With great creativity and know how iinovis’ specialists focus on topics in the automotive and motorcycle industry.
In our vehicle development division, we not only develop a car body, we do create the base for modern vehicles, taking efficient strength and weight aspects into account as well as lightweight construction technology and a wide variety of materials.
Our development spectrum ranges from well-founded concept studies in the early phase through prototype and series development to pre-series bodywork support – from individual components to the complete vehicle.
Our long time experienced experts support you in the areas of pre-development, design, CAD and project management.
iinovis is a specialist in cross-functional topics such as release & procurement, as well as active supplier management and product cost optimisation. We can also offer weight management as a separate service, as well as the qualitative implementation of design-technology convergence (interior appearance, e.g. joints, tolerances management, etc.).
Our services to support start-up companies complete the picture.
- Benchmark studies and vehicle concept
- Concept and series development, CAD design, project coordination
- Prototype & pre-series construction and support
- Lightweight construction & multi-material design, state of the art joining technologies
- Cooperation with CAE for optimisation of vibrations, stiffnesses & deformation behaviour in the event of a crash
Interior & Exterior
- Simulation, development of interior trim parts, trims (ambient light), door panels and decors
- Concept and series development of exterior components such as bumpers, trims, camera & sensor integration
- Integration of peripheral components (e.g. brakes, fresh air duct, retractable spoilers)
- Legally compliant design of the interior (e.g. head impact)
- Customer support in achieving homologation specifications
- Development of body cladding, add-on parts and special accessories
- Ride comfort and driving dynamics
- Mechatronics & lighting development – mechanical integration
- Validation of basic engine & powertrain components
- Supplier Management
- Approval & Procurement
- Calculation & Simulation (see business unit Simulation)
- Seat development from structure to foam to upholstery
- Design of trim parts such as switches and special accessory integration
- Digital cover development
- Ergonomics, functionality and comfort design
- Prototype construction & small series support
- Functional integration of electrics, electronics and wiring harnesses
- Idea generator and evaluation
- Concept creation and basic development in the early phase
- Ergonomic design of the partial and/or complete vehicle
- Simulation and visualisation in the early phase
- Safety-relevant design using CAVA Vision
- Customer consultancy on compliance and legal requirements
- Process coordination and project management
- Supplier and product quality management (e.g. FMEA)
- Design-technology convergence (e.g. joints, tolerance management)
- Appearance (grain, colour, dimension, joints/gaps, haptics)
- Product data and release management
- Weight management & product cost optimisation
- Tolerance analyses 2D/3D
The areas of eDrive and electrics / electronics show a whole range of services and capabilities with which iinovis takes a leading role in mobility.
Both areas complement each other through their natural synergies.
The eDrive & Battery Engineering division has its strengths in the planning and implementation of high-voltage projects. We have combined both areas of expertise, electric drive control and battery development, in order to offer our customers and development partners the necessary, comprehensive know-how for the development of 48V and high-voltage drive systems.
The area of Fuel Cell Systems has a promising future for iinovis, with many active projects and several years of experience our specialist are able to provide important expertise and knowledge. This enables us to embrace and accelerate future topics in the area of fuel cells.
Our very intense experience in both prototype and series cable harness development in the entire range (from low-voltage to high-voltage) is greatly valued by our customers. Costumers benefit from our in-house cable harness production which allows a high degree of flexibility and enables fantastic synergy effects, especially in the area of costs, as well as reaction time with the excellent quality standards.
Our innovative approach focuses on the requirements of electrical architecture development, taking into account networking and development methodology. This enables us to offer an EE architecture that also includes and fulfils the functionality, efficiency and type approval-relevant topics of functional safety and cyber security and autonomous driving functions.
Our extensive know-how in validation and verification testing provides a full-service package for our customers.
eDrive & Battery Development
- Project, process and requirements management
- Concept, design and simulation
- Battery system development
- eDrive and battery integration; both 48V and high voltage
Fuel cell systems
- Concept and series application
- Design of the anode and cathode subsystems
- Design of the thermal system
- Development, adaptation and system integration of high-efficiency humidifiers
- Electrical and mechanical integration: housing and crash design
Mains-voltage wiring systems
- Traction, loading and auxiliary operations
- Construction and installation including fastening and protection elements
- Release & validation
- Package investigation
E/E Architecture 2025
- System definition and requirements management
- Network and logic design; vehicle integration
- ECU and SW configuration; MiL, SiL and HiL
- Design of cabling architectures
Wiring harness production
- Manufacture of cable harnesses
- Prototype and small series production (ISO TS 16949 certified)
- Modification of complete wiring systems
- End-of-line testing
E/E prototype vehicles
- Vehicle setup: New & modified
- Integration of test equipment including set-up
- Test service
- Data recording and evaluation
Electrics / Electronics
The Simulation business unit offers a wide range of services for all types of customers – from OEMs to tier suppliers. Over the years, we have developed excellent simulation expertise, ranging from complete vehicle systems to various components.
We always keep pace with technological developments and our goal is to offer state-of-the-art simulation as a service. We are specialists in the field of battery and fuel cell development.
Thermal simulation for the design of high-voltage storage systems and electronic components, as well as safety-relevant simulations, e.g. electrochemical simulations, heat propagation and venting, are among our core competencies. In addition, we have a great deal of expertise in the area of integrating high-voltage storage systems/components into the vehicle, taking into account all country-specific legal requirements, e.g. ECE R100, GB/T China.
- Development of simulation processes
- Automation of simulation processes
- OpenFOAM process tools and solvers
- Python, C, C++, Java, JS, VBA, Bash/Csh, Perl
- Electrothermal simulation for HV components
- Air conditioning
- Engine cooling
Flow simulation (CFD)
- Thermal dispersion
- Electrochemical simulation
- Air conditioning
- Electrothermal simulation
- Complete vehicle design
- Concept development
- Interior development
- Seat systems
- Airbag integration
Statics & Dynamics & Acoustics
- Stiffness and strength analysis
- Modal analysis
- Calculation of transient and frequency responses
- Optimisation and validation
Our Testing division offers a wide range of services, from test management to specific checks of components such as airbags, interior/exterior and chassis.
These services are offered in Germany at our Bad Friedrichshall and Wolfsburg locations.
In addition, we carry out driving tests in different climatic zones and on different test tracks at our location in Spain and throughout Europe with 30 dedicated colleagues and more than 15 years of experience.
We have a market leading position in driving- and brake tests in southern Spain.
In addition to NVH brake and complete vehicle testing, our portfolio offers services including logistics, project management and technical expertise. Thanks to our experts, tests can be conducted 24/7 – whether on- or off-road.
- Crash-Tests (Koordination)
- Component testing
- Climate and vibration
- Sun simulation
Strength & Fatigue
- Error test cases
- Test coordination
- Supplier coordination
- Supplier Support – Resident Function
Dynamic test drive (Antas/Spain)
- Acoustics/braking behaviour
- Vehicle measurements, data recording Evaluation
- Road tests, winter and summer tests in Europe
- Dismantling analysis of test vehicles
Fuel cell test
- Humidifier test
Prototyping / Small Series
Our racing division provides all components and services you need, from roll cages and safety units to repairs and small series production. Thanks to our DMSB certification, we are a reliable and trustworthy partner in motorsport.
We provide restoration, repairs or manufacturing of spare parts to get you and your car back on the road.
We also take care of your loved ones. Wether classic or youngtimer, with our Classic Manufactury your vehicle is in the best hands for a long lasting future.
- Construction of design models, reference vehicles and show cars
- Cutaway models and functional models
- Tools for GRP/CFRP laminate parts
- Vacuum casting tools and parts
- Powertrain/chassis modifications
- Assembly of prototypes and test vehicles
- Assembly of show and concept cars
- Assembly of cubing models, reference bucks and ergonomic models
- Production of sheet metal and body parts
- Assembly of complete car bodies
- Special vehicles
- Restoration and assembly of classic cars/replicas
Racing and safety
- Car bodies for racing vehicles, test vehicles and prototypes
- Production of racing cages (bolted and welded cages)
- Assembly of racing vehicles
Small batch production
- 60m welding line with 4,000m² production area
- Assembly of BiW (body in white) and subassemblies
- Assembly of doors and closures (Eckhold folding)
- State-of-the-art joining technology (welding, riveting, gluing,…)
- Ultrasonic welding control
- Inbound and outbound logistics incl. warehousing
- Supply chain management
- Quality assurance
- Development and construction of jigs and fixtures